Final Fantasy XIV is an MMORPG developed by Square Enix. The game is the fourteenth title in the Final Fantasy series, and even though it has been around for a few years now, it still holds its popularity. The game has become quite popular over time, and frequent updates that improve the gameplay and add new game elements keep players coming back to the game.
Many users have encountered Final Fantasy XIV error 2002 while trying to join a match. When you get this error, you will not be able to join the lobby and enter the match. So what is this error, what causes it, and how can it be fixed? If the same questions are coming up in your mind, then you will find this article helpful. This article will discuss Final Fantasy XIV error 2002 and how you can fix it.
What is Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002: Can’t Connect to Data Center
Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002 occurs when you are trying to join the game lobby. Generally, you will face this error when selecting the character before joining the match. So why does this issue occurs? When you get this error, it means the game servers are overloaded with users trying to join the match.
Earlier, the threshold that the servers could handle was 17000 players at a time in a lobby trying to join a match. Later with the update, the threshold was increased to 21000. The update with this increased threshold was released recently and is the current threshold for the servers.
Increasing the server threshold didn’t help solve this error as more and more players play Final Fantasy XIV which exceeds the server threshold and causes this issue. This error is frequently encountered when new elements are added to the game.
Fix Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002 Endwalker: Lobby Server Connection Error
Wait For Sometime
The general cause of this issue is the overloaded game server. The error message can easily be resolved by waiting some time before joining the lobby again. This may take some time for servers to clear up, and then you can join the lobby without facing Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002.
You will get this error message frequently during the peak hours of the game, such as when new characters or other game elements are launched. Nothing to worry about; wait for some time, and then you can join the lobby without any issues.
The issue may often not reside in the server but in your internet connection. When your internet is slow, you are likely to encounter this issue. In that case, we recommend you restart your router to fix issues with the router that may cause slow internet. To restart the router, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Power button on the router to turn it off. Wait for some time till all the LED lights have turned off.
- Now, unplug the power adapter of the router from the power source.
- Wait a minute or two, and then plug in the power adapter again.
- Now, turn on the router and connect to the network again.
- Check if the issue is still encountered or not.
Another thing that you can do is restart the game. The issue may often be encountered due to random bugs in the game. In that case, restart your game, and you should be able to get ahead without facing any errors.
Re-login To Game
Many players have said that re-logging into the game did help solve the issue for them. All you have to do is log out of the game and re-login to it. Once done, you should be able to play the game without facing Error 2002 on Final Fantasy XIV.
Connect To Different Data Centers
Lastly, we recommend you switch to a different data centre. If you have been facing this issue due to the server overloading players, then connecting to a different data centre will help. You can connect to a different data centre by following the steps given below –
- Open the game and head to Settings.
- Here, select Data Center Selection Menu.
- Now, select any other data centre.
- Once done, try playing the game again.
Allow FFXIV Through Firewall
You may also face this issue if the Firewall blocks Final Fantasy XIV. You will have to allow the game through Firewall and check if you still face this issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open Start Menu. Here, search for Windows Defender Firewall and click on the relevant search result to open it.
- On the left sidebar of the window that opens up, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, click on the Change Settings button, and then click on Allow Another App button.
- Click on Browse and head to where the FFXIV file is saved. Select the file, and click on the Open button.
- Here, click on the Add button to add the app.
- Now, check the checkbox for Public and Private next to the FFXIV to allow it through the Public and Private network.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
- You should now no longer face the issue while playing the game.
Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
You can turn off Windows Defender Firewall to fix Final Fantasy XIV error 2002. Given below are the steps to do so-
- Click on the Start icon on the taskbar, search for Windows Defender Firewall and open it.
- On the next screen, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off on the left sidebar.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both Private network settings and Public network settings.
- Once done, click on OK.
- Now, try playing the game and see if you still face the issue.
If you are using a third-party antivirus on your system, then uninstall it. Many times, third-party antivirus may interrupt the game and cause such issues. If you have a third-party antivirus on your system then try disabling it first. If disabling the antivirus works, then the issue was caused due to the antivirus so you can uninstall it.
Switch To Google’s DNS
If you are facing Final Fantasy XIV error 2002, try switching to Google’s DNS. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing Windows + I key combo.
- Now, on the left sidebar, click on Network & Internet.
- On the right side, click Advanced Network Settings and then on More Network Adapter Options.
- Right-click on your network adapter on the next window and then click on Properties.
- Here, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Next, select the option for Use the following DNS Server Addresses, set Preferred DNS Server as 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS Server as 220.127.116.11 and then click on OK to save the changes.
If you have WTFast software installed on your PC, then that might also cause this issue. You can uninstall WTFast from your PC by following the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and in the Start Menu, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Here, click on Program and Features under Programs.
- From the list of apps, select WTFast and click on Uninstall.
- Confirm uninstalling the WTFast application.
- Once done, check if you still face the issue or not.
Final Fantasy XIV Error 2002 is generally faced due to server overload. All you have to do is wait for some time to join the game. However, if that doesn’t help, you can follow the other troubleshooting steps in this article.
- How to Fix Guided Access Not Working
- Fix Hisense TV Won’t Turn On or Not Working
- How to Fix Getting Windows Ready Stuck in Windows 11
- Fix RTC Connecting Discord No Route Error
- How to Fix Apple Watch Battery Draining Too Fast
- How to Fix FFXIV Endwalker Error Code 3001 World
- Fix S/MIME Control Isn’t Available: The Content Can’t Be Displayed Error